Big Data Course Syllabus
Introduction to Hadoop and Big Data:
• What is Big Data?
• What are the challenges for processing big data?
• What technologies support big data?
• What is Hadoop?
• Why Hadoop?
• History of Hadoop
• Use cases of Hadoop
• RDBMS vs Hadoop
• When to use and when not to use Hadoop
• Ecosystem tour
• Vendor comparison
• Hardware Recommendations & Statistics
HDFS: Hadoop Distributed File System:
– Significance of HDFS in Hadoop
• Features of HDFS
• 5 daemons of Hadoop
Name Node and its functionality
Data Node and its functionality
Secondary Name Node and its functionality
Job Tracker and its functionality
Task Tracker and its functionality
• Data Storage in HDFS
Introduction about Blocks
• Accessing HDFS
CLI (Command Line Interface) and admin commands
Java Based Approach
• Fault tolerance
• Download Hadoop
• Installation and set-up of Hadoop
Start-up & Shut down process
• HDFS Federation
• Map Reduce Story
• Map Reduce Architecture
• How Map Reduce works
• Developing Map Reduce
• Map Reduce Programming Model
Different phases of Map Reduce Algorithm.
Different Data types in Map Reduce.
how Write a basic Map Reduce Program.
• Creating Input and Output Formats in Map Reduce Jobs
Text Input Format
Key Value Input Format
Sequence File Input Format
Data localization in Map Reduce
Combiner (Mini Reducer) and Partitioner
• Introduction to Apache Pig
• Map Reduce Vs. Apache Pig
• SQL vs. Apache Pig
• Different data types in Pig
• Modes of Execution in Pig
• Grunt shell
• Loading data
• Exploring Pig
• Latin commands
• Hive introduction
• Hive architecture
• Hive vs RDBMS
• HiveQL and the shell
• Managing tables (external vs managed)
• Data types and schemas
• Partitions and buckets
• Architecture and schema design
• HBase vs. RDBMS
• HMaster and Region Servers
• Column Families and Regions
• Write pipeline
• Read pipeline
• HBase commands
What is meant by Hadoop?
Hadoop is an open-source software framework for storing data and running applications on clusters of commodity hardware. It provides massive storage for any kind of data, enormous processing power and the ability to handle virtually limitless concurrent tasks or jobs.
What is Hadoop and Big Data?
Hadoop is an open source, Java based framework used for storing and processing big data. The data is stored on inexpensive commodity servers that run as clusters. … Cafarella, Hadoop uses the MapReduce programming model for faster storage and retrieval of data from its nodes.
Is Hadoop a programming language?
The Hadoop framework itself is mostly written in the Java programming language, with some native code in C and command line utilities written as shell scripts. Though MapReduce Java code is common, any programming language can be used with Hadoop Streaming to implement the map and reduce parts of the user’s program.
Does Hadoop use SQL?
Apache pig eases data manipulation over multiple data sources using a combination of tools. … Using Hive SQL professionals can use Hadoop like a data warehouse. Hive allows professionals with SQL skills to query the data using a SQL like syntax making it an ideal big data tool for integrating Hadoop and other BI tools.
Is Hadoop a database?
Unlike RDBMS, Hadoop is not a database, but rather a distributed file system that can store and process a massive amount of data clusters across computers.
Hadoop Training and Certification for Professionals
Hadoop skills are there to clamor for – this is an indisputable fact! The Allied Market Research says the Global Hadoop Market may reach $84.6 Billion by 2021. Big Data is something which will get bigger day by day so furtherance in big data technology will not refrain from but Hadoop is a must know skill in the present day scenario as it is the hub of Big Data solutions for many enterprises and new technologies like Spark have evolved around Hadoop.
So one may question here what is the scope of getting trained under Hadoop?
• Hadoop training will make one an expert in HDFS, MapReduce, Hbase, Zookeeper, Yarn, Oozie, Flume and Sqoop using real-time use cases on Retail, Aviation, Tourism, Finance domain.
• This course is stepping stone to your Big Data journey and you will get the opportunity to work on a Big data Analytics project after selecting a data-set of your choice.
• Detailed understanding of Big Data analytics. Market for Big Data analytics is growing across the world and this strong growth pattern translates into a great opportunity for all the IT Professionals.
• Practice real-life projects using Hadoop and Apache Spark. Real-time Analytics is the new market buzz and having Apache Spark skills is a highly preferred learning path after the Hadoop training
• Mastering Hadoop administration activities like cluster managing, monitoring, administration and troubleshooting and configuring ETL tools like Pentaho/Talend to work with MapReduce are a thing of the future.
• Big Data is fastest growing and most promising technology for handling large volumes of data for doing data analytics. This Big Data Hadoop Certification Training Course will help you to be up and running in the most demanding professional skills.
• Hadoop practitioners are among the highest paid IT professionals today with salaries ranging till $85K (source: indeed job portal), and the market demand for them is growing rapidly.
• Gives an edge over different experts in the same field, in terms of pay package and Confirms that you are mindful of the most recent elements of Hadoop.
• Hadoop training from an established education academy helps you in getting a Hadoop Certification Training course which in turn helps you to build an aspiring career in cutting edge technologies.
HADOOP CERTIFICATION TRAINING COURSE AS A BOON TO SOFTWARE GEEKS
Hadoop Training Certification demonstrates you have shown capability as a Hadoop Developer. A Hadoop certification training course is a combination of the training courses in Hadoop developer, Hadoop administrator, Hadoop testing, and analytics. It is designed by industry experts considering current industry job requirements to provide in-depth learning on big data and Hadoop Modules. Organizations are struggling to hire Hadoop developers. The mercantile ventures that are receiving Hadoop need affirmation that the individuals they hire are equipped for taking care of their petabytes of information and able to develop Hadoop tools.
The certification is a proof of this ability and gives the above said affirmation, making you a dependable and a conscious individual for their information.
People who should consider a Hadoop Certification course
• Programming Developers and Architects
• Experienced working professionals and BI /ETL/DW professionals
• Big Data Hadoop Developers eager to learn other verticals like Testing, Analytics, Administration
• Developers and Architects
• Senior IT and Testing Professionals
• Mainframe professionals
• Graduates and Post Graduates
Big Data Hadoop is one among the most progressing technological fields in the present day. Just like the changes in the trends of the world, many changes have also been made in the different fields of technologies. Many new technologies have been brought into action, but only a few of these technologies managed to live long.
Hadoop As The Best Technology For Data Handling:
Hadoop is one among these newly developed technologies which has been pacing towards progress in the field of data handling since its beginning of time. Hadoop has attained wide reorganization around the world owing to its highly successful factors in the event of data handling. The cause of this reason many top multinational companies are showing very keen interest in investing higher amounts in this technology.
As we know how enormously the usage of data has progressed over the span of a few years, there has been a lot of issues that are the resulting outcomes of this enormous data usage. This includes issues like the inability to store massive amounts of data, failures in effective processing of data and also the inability of effective handling of data along with other complex issues.
Hadoop technology is the best solution for solving the issues that arise in the context of this enormous data flow. It facilitates the controlled flow of data along with the best techniques for successful storing of the huge amount of data that is being in use in our day to day life.
Other Prominent Features Offered By Big Data Hadoop:
It also facilitates the processing of enormous data over clusters of computers. Hadoop also has the ability to execute multiple concurrent tasks at the same time effectively. Another best feature Hadoop has acquired is that it is very less prone towards errors.
Because of all these beneficial features, It has been placed at the top among the most advanced and swiftly progressing technological fields around the world. Hadoop combined with Big Data Analytics plays a prominent role in the content of visualizing the data by which the market trends can be analyzed. Basing on this analysis one can easily predict the future market trends and make strategies that result in guaranteed success along with higher profit margins.
Scope Of Employment With Hadoop:
All these factors make Hadoop as the most prominent technology and there is an excellent demand for the people skilled in Hadoop Training. Many new employment opportunities have been created and the companies are willing to offer higher pay levels for people who are better skilled in Hadoop technology. The demand for Hadoop is never ending. So, one who attains effective training in Hadoop can avail the scope of the best employment opportunities along with the best scope for a successful career.
Learning Modules Of Big Data Hadoop Training:
One who plans to go to Hadoop training should be aware of all these learning modules of Hadoop training
• Skills in Introduction to Big Data.
• Complete knowledge of the concepts of HDFS and MapReduce Framework.
• Clear knowledge of Hadoop Architecture.
• Setting up of Hadoop cluster and skills in Complex MapReduce Programs.
• Detailed information 0n Data Loading techniques using Sqoop and Flume
• Skills in Performing Data Analytics using Pig and Hive.
• Acquiring knowledge in scheduling Jobs using Oozie.
• Real-time Industry-Based Projects.
Career With Big Data Hadoop Training:
Some of the prominent features in a career in Hadoop training area
• Relatively soaring demand for people with Hadoop skills when compared with the other fields, offering the same services as this Course.
• Top priority in many multinational companies for the best skilled Hadoop professionals.
• Accelerated career growth for every one of those people who excel in their Hadoop skills during their professional career.
• Increased pay package due to their skills.