Certified General Surgery Coder (CGSC) Preparation Training CourseGeneral surgery is another rapidly growing area of healthcare – and there is still room for growth to keep pace with ever-increasing demand. The total employment of physicians and surgeons is expected to increase by 4% from 2019 to 2029. In 2025, the supply of specialists in general surgery is expected to lag behind the increase in demand. CSLA now offers specialized / advanced training to members interested in obtaining their CGSC certificate.
- Review common general surgery diagnostic codes and conditions.
- Read the CPT® and CMS E / M guidelines.
- Common procedures in general surgery.
- Discuss the concepts most missed on the CGSC certification exam.
- Practice test that mimics the format and structure of the CGSC certification exam.
- Interactive conferences with exercises.
- Practical test with operative cases with a total of 35 multiple choice questions.
- This online course is intended for general surgery programmers so clinicians can prepare you for the CGSC ™ certification exam. No additional credentials are required to obtain CGSC ™ credentials. Students will review common diagnoses, surgical procedures, and coding of managing assessments for general surgery.
- Time required: 4 hours, without additional study time
- Approved for 4 PDUs after passing in the direction of CPC, CPB, CPMA, CPPM and special login information except CIRCC (one-time use)
For more course details,
Download the General Surgery Specialty Coding Course Syllabus
- Materials (not included with this course):
- CPT® Professional Edition (current year), AMA publisher
- ICD-10-CM (current year), any publisher
- HCPCS Level II (current year), any publisher
- Computer with high-speed internet connection and Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Download General Surgery Specialty Coding Course Syllabus
|S.No||Choose Your Specialty||Choose Your Certifications|
|1||Anesthesia and Pain Management – CANPC||CPC (Certified Professional Coder)|
|2||Cardiology (CCC)||COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)|
|3||Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CCVTC)||CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder)|
|4||Emergency Department (CEDC)||CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder)|
|5||Family Practice (CFPC)||CPB (Certified Professional Biller)|
|6||General Surgery (CGSC)||CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)|
|7||Hematology and Oncology (CHONC)||CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient)|
|8||Obstetrics and Gynecology (COBGC)||CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)|
|9||Ophthalmology (COPC)||CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)|
|10||Orthopedic Surgery (COSC)||Medical Coding|