Certified Emergency Department Coder (CEDC) Preparation Training Course
it’s safe to say that demand for CEDC is going nowhere. And these visits come in all shapes and sizes – 40% of patients a year are treated in less than 15 minutes, and 14% require hospitalization, ICU admission, or hospitalization.
Dealing with the unexpected for medical programmers working in emergency medicine is known as the best part of the job. This is also why the average salary for programmers holding the Certified Emergency Department Coder (CEDC).
Employers trust CEDCs, which is why you should apply for this specialized certification if you are a coding professional working in DE. The AAPC Online CEDC Preparation Course prepares you for the exam with a comprehensive overview of ED Coding – including an E / M chapter of ED Coding Examples using the CMS Documentation.
- Check documentation issues for common ED diagnostic codes and conditions
Read the CPT and CMS E / M Guidelines for ED
- Understand the general procedures performed in the emergency room
Review the most missed concepts on the CEDC Certification Exam
- Prepare for a field test that reflects the format and structure of the CEDC exam
- Interactive audio / video lectures and online exercises
- Practice test with 10 cases and 35 multiple choice questions
- A minimum of two years of ED coding experience is required. While no prior coding diploma is required to earn the CDEC credentials, this course is not intended for people with little, little, or no coding experience.
- This course lasts an average of four hours with no additional study time
- Approved for 4 PDUs after passing in the direction of CPC, CPB, CPMA, CPPM and special login information except CIRCC (one-time use)
- Materials (not included with this course):
- AMA CPT® Professional Edition (publication year should match course year)
- ICD-10-CM code book (publication year should match course year)
- HCPCS Level II code book (publication year should match course year)
- CEDC Certification Study Guide (optional resource)
- Computer with high-speed internet connection and Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Download the Emergency Department Preparation Training Course Syllabus
|S.No||Choose Your Specialty||Choose Your Certifications|
|1||Anesthesia and Pain Management – CANPC||CPC (Certified Professional Coder)|
|2||Cardiology (CCC)||COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)|
|3||Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CCVTC)||CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder)|
|4||Emergency Department (CEDC)||CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder)|
|5||Family Practice (CFPC)||CPB (Certified Professional Biller)|
|6||General Surgery (CGSC)||CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)|
|7||Hematology and Oncology (CHONC)||CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient)|
|8||Obstetrics and Gynecology (COBGC)||CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)|
|9||Ophthalmology (COPC)||CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)|
|10||Orthopedic Surgery (COSC)|